Delete upload package icons

VL
New Contributor III

OOI, does anyone know of a way of deleting existing icons uploaded when creating Policies?

Have a couple of duplicates/redundant icons that I'd like to just tidy up.

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 14.11.28.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea, commenting to follow along for the answer :D. 

I do know it's stored on Jamf Cloud (assuming you are cloud hosted, on prem is probably on your distribution point), you can right click the image and view its path.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I have no idea, commenting to follow along for the answer :D. 

I do know it's stored on Jamf Cloud (assuming you are cloud hosted, on prem is probably on your distribution point), you can right click the image and view its path.

VL
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response, @AJPinto.

Having been able to view the path I can confirm that they are cloud hosted images that get downloaded. Presume this will require a feature request to Jamf to be able to delete saved icons.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I used to be really bugged by this omission, but over time, I've just learned to live with it. Unless the library of icons gets to be huge, the only issue is having icons you don't want.

Aside from dupes, icons change over time, and being able to delete them would be nice...

pete_c
Contributor III

Some of the feature requests to provide icon management are close to a decade old.

scottb
Honored Contributor

@pete_c wrote:

Some of the feature requests to provide icon management are close to a decade old.

As are many...😫

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah, there are ancient feature requests asking Jamf to include some simple way to manage those icons. As far as I can tell, almost nothing has changed inside Jamf Pro as to how they are stored, displayed or anything else for many years. It would be nice if they added some basic way to manage them, but apparently it's not a flashy enough feature to bother looking into.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Vote early... Vote often... Vote for that FR here > https://ideas.jamf.com/ideas/JN-I-23122

It is "planned" but for when?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

If only I could upvote more than once, but alas...

I find it just unfathomable that Jamf has been sitting on this very reasonable request for so long now. How hard can it be to implement a way to just delete icons, or manage them in some way?? I can delete just about any object in Jamf Pro - policies, profiles, scripts, extension attributes, computers, etc. But delete icons? Nah, no way to do that! Come on Jamf! This has been going on too long now.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I voted for that when Obama was in office...

Kinda sad.

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

OMG... that response wins.