DEP and Apple Retail

craig_caruso
New Contributor II

I currently buy Apple machines from ecommerce.apple.com and those devices get enrolled into the pre-stage enrollment.

Can I buy a machine from Apple retail and enrolled into the pre-stage in emergencies situations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thomascosby
New Contributor II

If you have the Apple retail store ensure the purchase under your business account or account that is tied to your DEP and the machine should be enrolled in DEP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

miregan
Contributor II

You can now with apple configurator 2 add devices to your DEP however there is a 30 day trial period where the user can opt out of DEP

thomascosby
New Contributor II

If you have the Apple retail store ensure the purchase under your business account or account that is tied to your DEP and the machine should be enrolled in DEP.

strider_knh
Contributor II

@miregan : I believe that only works for iOS devices. Configurator can't do anything for macOS devices.

miregan
Contributor II

You are correct, sorry I misread the initial post.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

My local store processes my purchase orders and DEP Macs are shipped to me, but I can't do a purchase order and pick it up "over the counter" while being in DEP. It's unfortunate I'm not sure the exact cause. Not sure if this will change once we're able to enter serial numbers into the Deploy portal for enrollment.

craig_caruso
New Contributor II

Just confirmed via Twitter: https://twitter.com/jamfjosh/status/923252719133093888