DEP deployed Macs not getting VPP applications.

jschmidtlein
New Contributor

I recently switched from deploying MacOS via images to DEP deployment. I use VPP for MacOS software when it is available. Recently I deployed out several apps via VPP and any older MacOS loads took the apps just fine. The new DEP enrolled macs are not installing these applications. When I look in the system history I see the apps are pending. They never get any further than that and never fail.

So far I have tried installing a new token, restarting the server and restarting tomcat. I am unsure where to go from here for troubleshooting, Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

nstrauss
Contributor II

@jschmidtlein Updated to 10.7 yet? 10.7 uses device channel to install and update macOS VPP software. Before then a valid MDM user was required with a user logged in. Upgrading should fix that, though you may have to re-push for existing deployments.

http://docs.jamf.com/10.7.0/jamf-pro/release-notes/What's_New.html

You can now install Mac App Store apps on computers without requiring the local user account to be MDM-enabled or without requiring that an end user be logged in.

jschmidtlein
New Contributor

@nstrauss Interesting. I have the same deployment working on another lab with only the admin account logging in. I am wondering if there could be another cause for the issue but the upgrade route is easy enough.