When I add a Mac to the DEP and configure it over wifi, the Remote Management screen will appear for around 10 seconds and then start installing the enrollment policies.
However, if I use the ethernet to configure the Mac it takes a lot longer to get past the Remote Management screen, it can hang for 5-10 minutes before installing the enrollment policies.
I was wondering if anyone has seem this before and would have any tips to resolve it.
Hello @jmahlman and @a.simmons we had the same issue and as it turns out, there were a TON of MDM commands in a pending or failed state. After speaking with Jamf Support, they offered me the commands needed to run on the JSS to clear all of these commands from the JSS. Apparently this is a known issue and the manual clearing of the commands is a work around for the time being.
I now clear the commands every couple of weeks to keep things cleaned up and now the enrollment that you mentioned is so much faster.
Try putting the pause script in as the first script that runs using the enrollment trigger. Worked for us
We had DEP enrollment work great prior to upgrading machines to 10.13.4+ and jamf pro 10.3 taking roughly 30-45 seconds and then on startup, launch DEPNotify to display the tasks. I have found since upgrading (and now testing 10.5 in dev) that during that enrollment phase the enrollmentComplete trigger is running policies in the background. I will have to try that link @a.simmons posted and see if that helps make the process more reliable.
I'm seeing this exact same problem. I recently renewed the licence on our jamfcloud instance and in doing so found the dep token had expired along with a lot of other certs.
I renewed everything and its all talking and working as it should except for DEP enrolments.
The machine picks up the DEP enrolment but gets no further than the Remote Management screen.
I can see in the JSS that the computer is added but no profiles or policies run.
Really stumped and need help if possible!
Similar issue here. I've been testing with enrollment after initial setup, since I can quickly try again.
What I'm seeing is that the device starts to enroll, and says "enrolling..." indefinitely in terminal. It will create the management account (or warn that it already exists) and then nothing happens. Self Service isn't downloaded, etc.
If I run "sudo jamf policy" that will kick it into completing, and enrollment finishes as expected and all policies are invoked properly. Otherwise it will create the JSS record, but without inventory information (that a recon would provide) and it sits in a semi-enrolled state. Totally unusable.
@perryd84 I am sorry, I don't recall. When we ran those commands, it was a complete one off. In fact, I want to believe it was something done via their Web Ex chat to address a specific issue at the time. I would suggest reaching out to Jamf Support, to ensure you have the exact same problem, then what commands to rectify.