DEP Enrollment iOS - Stalls at Location Services

mhegge
Contributor III

JAMF Pro v10.17.1

New devices in a new prestage (iOS) that has a ENROLLMENT CUSTOMIZATION CONFIGURATION to show the EULA for our org.

After JAMF Pro Enrollment Screen, things stall out at Locations Services. I cannot choose Enable Location Services, nor can I go <Back

Workaround is to turn off iPad and turn on again. Then it had me select English > United States > Enable Location Services comes up which I can then select to enable...then all good.

This issue has occurred with the last 3 7th Generation iPads. Have two more left to do and I suspect the same issue.

7 REPLIES 7

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Same issue here on 10.18. Doesn't matter if it's an SSO pane or just a EULA type text pane after it disappears the setup assistant refuses touch input and I have to restart the device. The only way around it is to have the prestage skip everything. Once it gets to the springboard it works as normal.

5th & 6th gen iPads here on 13.3.

mhegge
Contributor III

@mainelysteve I re-enrolled a 5th Generation iPad in a prestage that did not have a ENROLLMENT CUSTOMIZATION CONFIGURATION configured.

It did not have the issue.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@mhegge Same here. As soon as I remove the enrollment customization from the prestage it proceeds normally. I had at least two instances where the SSO pane would close after a successful authentication and it would boot me back to the language/country selection. I suspect this is an OS defect. I'll check out a beta build, if one is available, and see what results I get.

mhegge
Contributor III

I submitted a ticket to JAMF as to a possible Product Issue

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@mhegge I've looked at this a little more today and with 13.3 and 13.3.1 beta 1 & 2 it's consistent in the screen not responding. Beta 3 of 13.3.1 is very inconsistent though. With it installed the same device will exhibit the behavior about 90% of the time then I'll wipe it only for it to proceed as normal through SA.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

So just to piggyback off my last post. The public release of 13.3.1 doesn't make the issue any better or worse. It's also consistent like 13.3 in that it doesn't allow one to touch 99% of the items on the screen. UPDATE: scratch that it's now acting like Beta 3. I can get into a inconsistent state by removing the erased/unmanaged mobile device record.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

deleted