Contributor

Hello,

I'd like to deploy 2 network configs once mac is is enrolled as shown below:

1. Automatic: home, personal..
2. Enterprise: this one for company lan/wifi

Enterprise should provide below listed items:
  • 802.1x cert presence.
  • Fulfil Proxy blank with the desired link
  • Connect to company's  available wifi/lan.

This is done today manually as below:
Eskobar_1-1669734237898.pngEskobar_2-1669734255592.png

Any idea how to automate things ?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

bcbackes
Contributor III

Hello @Eskobar we are not setting up a "home" configuration but I'm currently working with Jamf Support on setting up two separate 802.1x "work" configuration profiles. One profile is for our wired 802.1x and one for our wirless 802.1x.

We are trying to utilize the Network, Certificate and SCEP payloads. The issue I'm running into is that when the device goes to authenticate to 802.1x it's using the Jamf Identity Certificate as opposed to the SCEP certificate we have defined in the config profile. 

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

@Eskobar im sure locations are no longer in macOS13..  before you spend time on this and then.. 

Eskobar
Contributor

@jamf  would give more details about "locations"? I didn't get the point

jamf-42
Valued Contributor

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/apple-removes-network-locations-feature-in-macos-ventura.235452...

..you may want to engineer other solution as this function is no longer in macOS13... 

Eskobar
Contributor

@jamf-42 & @bcbackes 

I misunderstood my client request !!

Context:

When enrolled, we get a network profile on the mac "automatique" with proxy /SSID already pre-configured: good

Request:

We need just to deploy another profile without any setup to let user connect to his home internet etc

In Jamf/Profile config/Network i do not see where to create a network profile.

Any idea?

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with setting up a profile for home use.

Sorry.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the individual responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. If you have any questions concerning this message, please contact the sender. Disclaimer R001.0