Deploy package in prestage enrollment

Bko
New Contributor II

I had thought that I heard you can now deploy package with the pre-stage enrollment. Did I hear this incorrectly? If you can, where can you do this?

11 REPLIES 11

tlagrange
New Contributor III

Jamf Pro 10.9 will support PreStage Enrollment Packages; this will require the computers in question to be running macOS Mojave; future releases may support older versions of macOS.

Hugonaut
Valued Contributor II

right now you can do it via the following.

When you are first starting up the computer that is in a DEP Prestage Enrollment, during the initial startup process where it designates "Configuration Available"

5d37930898014866b42967b65755a6b5

Once you get past that dialog the Computer is enrolling. Any policy scoped to that computer and flagged to trigger at enrollment, will then deploy to that computer.

Virtual MacAdmins Monthly Meetup - First Friday, Every Month

captam3rica
New Contributor III

As Hugonaut states, this is where prestige apps, Configs, and settings can be payed down. Utilizing a packaged enrollment script can be useful as well.

stutz
Contributor

Anyone have this working in their environment?

Tried to install a package with just a rename script and didn't work. Not sure where to look to see why it didn't work. Is there log files during this stage?

damienbarrett
Valued Contributor

A requirement is to have your JSS's main distribution point be in the Cloud (for now...)

daniel_ross
Contributor III

Ditto here to see if anyone has this running yet?

We tried to put JAMF login in our pre-stage and nothing happens.

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Yeah... Also trying to get this thing working but do not see anything happen?
What is the general idea about this? I thought/hoped I could install a package during the enrollment process.
For instance the DEP notifier. This is a package that installs the DEPNotify.app in the utilities folder.
I have this package attached to my PreStage Enrollment but after enrolling the app is not present in the utilities folder..

Maybe my expectations are false?

arjanhuis
New Contributor III

Ah... This seems to be thing I must have been overlooking ;)

"To install a package during enrollment, the package must be signed with an installer certificate (.p12) obtained from Apple using Xcode or the Apple Developer Member Center. "

from: https://docs.jamf.com/10.9.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Computer_PreStage_Enrollments.html

jchurch
Contributor II

@damienbarrett does the repository have to be "jamf cloud" or just web accessible?

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Master DP still has to be a Jamf Cloud DP because... <crickets>

bloeb
New Contributor

Is this still true 2 years later? you still need a Jamf Cloud DP?