Deploy wireless settings to MacBooks

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

Sorry if this has been answered before but I couldn't find anything specific on this. When dealing with the iPads you can set the wireless settings in Configuration Profiles, but I cannot find how to do the same thing with our Laptops.

Thanks!
Andrew

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mcooper
New Contributor III

To enable the use of OS X Configuration Profiles in the JSS you need to go into Settings > Computer Management > Security, and check "Enable push notifications."

View solution in original post

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are all your Macs showing up as MDM Capable? If this is something you only just enabled today, its possible some of them haven't gotten the settings to show up as MDM manageable devices.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

easyedc
Valued Contributor II

Same way. Configuration profile. Network Payload and I set them as Computer Level payload.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

When I click on the Configuration profile under the Computers tab I cannot add anything to it, the button to add is not there. I checked with my co-worker who has full rights to JSS and he doesn't have the Add button either.

mcooper
New Contributor III

To enable the use of OS X Configuration Profiles in the JSS you need to go into Settings > Computer Management > Security, and check "Enable push notifications."

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

That's exactly what I needed. It's working now. Thanks!

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

I was able to create a config profile for wireless settings but when I went to scope it would only show 13 macs. All 13 macs it shows are mac mini's, no macbook air's. We have a lot more than 13 macs in our environment.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Are you using Sites? That would determine what computers you see in the scope.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

We do but if I go to scope in another section such as Policies I see over 160 macs.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Are all your Macs showing up as MDM Capable? If this is something you only just enabled today, its possible some of them haven't gotten the settings to show up as MDM manageable devices.

andrew_shur
New Contributor III

Yup it looks like they are slowly trickling in, I'm up to 20 now. Thanks!