DEPNotify Status?

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if DEPNotify is still being worked on? I know someone opened an issue on this already on the git page, but was wondering if anyone here knew.

6 REPLIES 6

bwoods
Valued Contributor

You can probably get more information on #depnotify, on the macadmins slack channel. DM me if you need an invite.

TrentO
Contributor II

I don't think it's officially been pronounced dead, but I don't think I would use it for a current project. I would go with something using SwiftDialog such as Setup Your Mac  or Baseline instead. 

dletkeman
Contributor

That's a great question.  DEP Notify Starter was a great project.  We still use it.  However, I do like some of the new features that are available like showing a list of previously executed policies.  I think I may test out Setup Your Mac and Baseline and see which one I like better.  Does anyone have any feedback or advice on alternatives to DEPNotify?

Jason33
Contributor III

Though I do like DEPNotify, I'm working on Setup Your Mac, and will most likely move to that.

M4tr1xN30
New Contributor II

Having the same thought process about this as well.

DEPNotify has been good, however like others, the lack of updates over the last couple of years make me wonder how long it will be before it's no longer a viable option. 

Starting to play with Setup My Mac after having a play with the free version of Octory. 

Probably a good excuse to overhaul a lot of 'inherited' configs and policies left over by the previous admin 🫣

dng2000
Contributor II

I have the same question too whether DEPNotify is still actively maintained or is it now considered deprecated.  I've been noticing my org's logo (Image) and the Main Title not working correctly on macOS 13.5 during the deployment phase but too early to rule if that's a compatibility problem or a one-off.