Device Enrollment Notification automation

rickwhois
Contributor

I understand why a DEP enrollment notification would arise on an OS X recovery but it is also coming up on machine that have just been imaged via casper imaging.app. Is there anyways to automate the installation of DEP profiles so our users don't see it?

Albeit, useful for some cases in which we were able to track down a lost or stolen laptop, but for machines with a fresh image it is quite galling for our users. Anyone else experience this or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

2 REPLIES 2

jonnydford
Contributor II

Hey @rickwhois

How are you currently deploying your new Macs? Are you imaging them at all or turning them on and running through the DEP Setup Assistant?]

rickwhois
Contributor

@jonnydford We try to image all of our new macs as well as rebuilds. However, we have DEP enabled on all machines tied to our Apple account in the event a machine doesn't come to our department for imaging, or if a machine gets without our permission etc... Essentially, we are utilizing DEP more for the security benefit more than the out of box enrollment. I suppose its a catch 22.