Different Mac imaging behavior for prestage vs regular

CCNapier
Contributor

Hi all.

El Capitan 10.11.3
Casper 9.91

I have an imaging configuration which pushes various pacakges, etc.
Part of it does a "Config First Run" - it adds a local admin user, sets language, etc. It sets the first run "welcome" screen (such as Set language, Keyboard, Send Diagnostics and Log in with Apple ID) and turns them all off as appropriate.

This basically mirrors the Der Flounder scripts.

However - I get different results when using prestage imaging (i.e. if the Mac is not already in Casper), versus re-imaging (i.e. if that Mac STILL is in Casper).

Although I am running the same configuration, the prestage works perfectly (no First Run settings like timezone, etc) but the normal imaging does not - after imaging I am presented with the dialog to enter time zone, keyboard, etc etc.

I do not store prestage info as autorun data.

Any ideas why this is happening?

2 REPLIES 2

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I've seen this for awhile still present on 9.92. Not sure why Autorun data should be behaving differently, but it does for us as well. It effectively makes us have to touch every computer instead of setting the autorun data and rebooting them all to get them prepped for next year or just deleting them from the JSS and then doing a prestage image for them.

This used to work perfectly.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

CCNapier
Contributor

Yep, we are having to inform our technicians that they NEED to delete the machine from JSS before they start imaging. It's slightly annoying :)