Disabling "allow notifications when the screen is locked"

Noonan
New Contributor III

Hoping someone's done it! Currently we disable Lock Screen notifications for a couple of apps. this has the downside of the rest of the notification settings of that app becoming locked up and we've seen complaints about users who want sounds on, sounds off etc. 

Has anyone managed to disable just the setting "Allow notifications when the screen is locked" ?

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Noonan What version of Jamf Pro are you using? I don't recall when it was added, but recent versions support a pretty granular Notifications payload in Configuration Profiles so in theory allow you to control just the Lock screen setting.

Noonan
New Contributor III

We are hosted on the cloud running 10.45. Maybe I'm blind but the only notification settings I can see are all "per app" and when you set even just 1 setting (Disable Show notifications on Lock Screen) it locks all the other settings to their default value. Which is fine for most instances, but we have some apps where users don't want sounds and controlling it via the app setting isn't working and the notifications settings menu is completely locked. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Unfortunately it looks like despite Jamf adding support for not including the various Notification options in the payload Apple considers having NotificationsEnabled set to True in the payload means that anything not specified in the payload will be forced to the default instead of being user modifiable. I don't know if filing a Feedback will help, but it is something Apple would need to change.