Disabling WiFi & Bluetooth on iOS

jbestine
New Contributor III

Anyone know of the best way to disable wifi and BlueTooth for iOS devices through a policy? We have some devices that will be used as a point of sale, and our Security team would like those disabled or kept turned off at all times. I was wondering if there may be a way to hide them?

Any and all ideas appreciated!

thanks,
Jeannine

4 REPLIES 4

justinrummel
Contributor III

Not by policy, you would have to touch each iOS device to disable BlueTooth. I would suggest you look into the Casper Focus application and/or Guided Access to keep the desired application running (in this case your POS).

As for disabling WiFi... why? How would you then push new updates? How would you remote wipe? How would your POS talk back to your central server?

natethelen
New Contributor

We have a similar need. We will be using a lightning to PoE ethernet adapter to satisfy connectivity. Has anything changed in the last 7 years?

rsieber
New Contributor

I have a security directive to do this for a group of iPads also - similar use case. Any movement?

luke_reagor
Contributor II

We have a need to disable wifi on AppleTVs. We are pushing out wifi profiles with fake credentials for our SSIDS. So far it seems to be working. Would probably work for iPads too.