Distorted Login Screen of MacBooks

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Hello All!

The last few weeks, more and more of our MacBooks have been showing this weird login screen. They have an AD bind and are managed via the MDM Profile. This configuration does include a login window payload, but removing it and a reboot does not seem to make this issue go away. I have tried maintenance scripts and I have basically hit a brick wall. I have attached some images of the issue we are seeing.fb9529a9d0a7470faf8ed63d663248e2
77a40c4023164450afe77c399bbe4b52

Thanks for any help,
Jared

3 REPLIES 3

Look
Valued Contributor III

Your holding the laptop upside down...
Seriously though, all our machines have been doing something similar to this since 10.10 or 10.11 I think. the login screen defaults to a blurred version of the last users desktop, it's a horrible design decision on shared computers, but it is what it is.
You can force the machine to use another background image by replacing /Library/Caches/com.apple.desktop.admin.png but you will still find when someone logs out the behaviour comes back, however restarting will give you the specified picture.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

@Look It is not about the blur, the username and password fields are all screwed up. They are supposed to look like this:6e7f40a0024f43ccb444c43ced43751b

Do you have any idea?

Look
Valued Contributor III

Oh I see what you mean now, no sorry have not seen it before.
I have noted you need to have "Security & Privacy" & "Login Window" in the same Config Profile for them to work correctly and we had to have certificates in a different profile.