Distributing OSX Apps (Number, Pages, etc.) via VPP

jgwatson
Contributor

Q1. What the name of the Apple service where you can tell them you purchased 50 MacBooks, and then they allow you to distribute those apps through vpp?

Q2. Has this process been streamlined yet? I would like to be able to say "All future purchases, please do this vpp option."

thanks so much

5 REPLIES 5

gregleeper
New Contributor

This link will help you get to vpp fulfillment and provides some info about it.

As for question 2, I don't know that there is an option for future purchases to auto vpp fulfill iWork and iLife apps. Would be nice though.

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

I just asked the VPP_fulfilment group at apple if we could have future purchases go to a specific vpp account. I'll let you know the response.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thank you @gshackney I'd be interested in learning this. We currently have 414 licenses via VPP for our Macs and Apple apps. This isn't enough to cover all of our Macs so I am only distributing them to our employee computers. If our future purchases can be applied directly to our VPP account, this would be very helpful going forward. Thanks!!

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Just got off the phone with them. You currently have to email them with the sales order number for each order and then provide a vpp account name for them to attach the apps to. I have requested that they add a feature to define a "default" vpp account to assign for this purpose and that when institutional assignments get made though the deploy account, that you automatically get credit for the apps that go with that assignment. It doesn't seem like something too hard for apple to accomplish. But I'd say call your apple reps and give this feedback.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

mconners
Valued Contributor

Thanks @gshackney , I have a call into our Apple folks. I too was hoping to not have to do this, but at least this is a path we can go down for the short term.