Distribution Points - External IP & Network Segments

ben_millingtond
New Contributor

Afternoon All,

First post here and I am currently working on a JSS implementation for a multisite organisation.

Due to the fact our JSS is externally hosted I am struggling to get clients to pickup the correct DP's as the reported IP is the external address. This wouldn't be an issue and I could set the network segments based on the external IP except that all sites (or the majority of them) are on a MPLS with a single internet breakout and therefor JSS see's the same reported IP regardless of actual site...

I have an EA to get peoples internal IP however I cant set a network segment on that.

Has anyone come across this or does anyone have a clever idea for how I can update the DP a mac is using based other criteria? I've been through many articles and questions but the only ones which seem to cover my problem are unanswered.

2 REPLIES 2

cbutcher
New Contributor III

I plan to do this soon, and what I plan to do is use a 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 segment and set that DP to your externally facing DP and set that DP as your default DP. Then set your internal segments to their corresponding DP.

ben_millingtond
New Contributor

How do you plan to set the internal segments to their corresponding DP's though?