Domain Joined MAC where network user randomly disappears from login screen

odaugaard
New Contributor

Hi,

New to the forum here, hope someone can point me in the right direction.

We have a mac connected successfully to our AD with a service account. This works smoothly.

When we log out, then we can see the local admin account and the 'other' account which is our network account with which we can successfully log in. However if we wait a bit with logging in, then the 'other' account will disappear and sometimes reappear what looks randomly. If we then restart the mac computer then the other account has completely disappeared.
If I then log in with the local admin account I am able to unbind->rejoin the domain, and then the 'other' account will appear again, but with the exact same pattern as before.

We definitely have connection to the domain controller, and we can successfully log in and authenticate with a network user in our AD of chosen fast enough from the login screen, but what explains this behavior in the login screen?

This is not OS version related, it has been tested on two different mac's running different versions, and we are currently running 14.2 Mojave.

We are not getting any error messages either like the 'no network users'. Just this weird fact the the other user disappears, even though everything seems to be connected perfectly.

All suggestions are most welcome. Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0