Emails for Comments on posts I've participated in

jellingson
New Contributor II

How come I get an email telling me there has been a comment on a post I have participated in when the comment was made by me? That doesn't make any sense to me. If I made the comment on the post I obviously know there was an update to the post and shouldn't need an email telling me I made a comment...

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I haven't seen this myself, but my email subscription setting is to get all individual emails on posts on threads as they come through. Is that what you have or do you have it set to receive only a digest + the "when someone comments on posts I've participated in" option?

millersc
Valued Contributor

Are these emails coming to you from threads you may have "bookmarked"? I know I get those emails based on the check mark @mm2270 described.

jellingson
New Contributor II

I don't have any bookmarked threads. The only option I have checked is "Send email notifications when I am @mentioned in a post, when someone comments on posts I've participated in, and on items I've bookmarked". I even get emails if I create a new thread saying "Emails for Comments on posts I've participated in"

Below is a screenshot of the email I received immediately after creating this thread
435e822ba1e64ea0bdf4a66d46929764

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

I assume it is because some people may read an entire thread in their email client without coming to the web site, and thus it may be a helpful memory aid to have all posts.