Enrolling into Profile Manager as part of imaging workflow

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Hi guys,

I'll shortly be rolling out Lion.

I'd like to be able to start Enrolling into Profile Manager as part of imaging workflow.

This is so our 802.1x settings get pushed via profile & so we can remote wipe (added bonus).

It's not an end user option, so I was thinking of having all enroll under one account... Anyone done the same?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bentoms

Ha ha thanks for the e-mail off the forum Lance.

8.3 has supported configuration profiles for 10.7 clients.

I'm late to the table with lion, so better look at my JSS... Which is running 8.43!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

So you will be using Lion server's profile manager and not JAMF's version? I thought about doing that, but I wanted to use JAMF's. I guess I'll wait until they add that in.

bentoms

Yep profile manage for now.

Not for full management. Just VPN, 802.1x & cert install etc.

I thought JAMF's was mcx??

bentoms

Ha ha thanks for the e-mail off the forum Lance.

8.3 has supported configuration profiles for 10.7 clients.

I'm late to the table with lion, so better look at my JSS... Which is running 8.43!!

bentoms

But it currently cannot perform remote wipe/lock commands.

bentoms

Not sure why I marked this as answered as without remote wipe & lock we'll stick with Apple's profile manager.

So,

Hi guys,

I'll shortly be rolling out Lion.

I'd like to be able to start Enrolling into Profile Manager as part of imaging workflow.

This is so our 802.1x settings get pushed via profile & so we can remote wipe (added bonus).

It's not an end user option, so I was thinking of having all enroll under one account... Anyone done the same?