Enrollment complete vs recurring checkin

tegus232
Contributor

Hi,

Question: how does Enrollment complete checkin works vs recurring checking?

What is the best standard practice for deploying policies as the machine complete prestage process and login occurs for first time? I want to be able to deploy numerous scripts right after the first login occurs for automation purposes.

I have been using login, enrollment complete, network state change and recurring checkin this whole time. I have new team members and I would like to explain proper differences between how enrollment complete policy works vs recurring checkin

3 REPLIES 3

danitree
New Contributor III

Hi @tegus232,

As the name implies. "Enrollment Complete" will kick in once after a new device has been setup. If you have initial scripts that you want to deploy you can stick to that trigger.

"Login" will happen each time a user logs in so, if you don't setup "Execution Frequency" to "Once per computer" it run forever. And "Recurring Check-in" will execute based in your frequency set in Settings > Computer Management > Check-In and you should check the the frequency to be set "Once per computer".

Perhaps you could go with "Enrollment Complete" or "Login", just keep in mind the "Execution Frequency" to "Once per computer".

Cheers.

Sonam2021
New Contributor III

If my current policy for eg - Deploy package to device 

Set to -  Recurring check in + Once per computer

If there is a change in the application and I update the policy, will the recurring check-in rerun ? or I have to flush the logs since the frequency is set to Once per computer

danitree
New Contributor III

Hi @Sonam2021 

You will have to flush to make the policy effective. 
Is better for you to you use Patch Management to update the app, if it’s listed.
Or, you could work around to use extension attributes and smart groups to update your app. 
Cheers.