Enrollment Customizations not working

perryd
Contributor

Has anyone got these working?

Neither the custom text boxes or the SSO option show up.

Am I missing something?

14 REPLIES 14

nelsoni
Contributor III

Enrollment Customization requires MacOS Catalina to work. Are you running 10.15?

perryd
Contributor

Ahh that would be why!

I thought it was Mojave upwards.

Thanks!

artillery
New Contributor II

Markdown of the text panes appears to be broken though.

cfisher2
New Contributor

What if we are on 10.15.0 and it's not working? Please advise, thanks.

nelsoni
Contributor III

Try 10.15.2, there might be a bug

maurits
Contributor

For us it works. Jamfcloud 10.17.1 MacOS 10.15.1 and 10.15.1 with sso and simple markdown EULA.
Check each step separately to verify where source of error is

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

It functions-ish for me. It works on macOS(10.15.2) as expected but iPadOS will show the SSO pane and allow me to login but afterwards touch input of any kind is gone. Rebooting the device allows me to proceed through any remaining setup assistant panes. I'm going to try a text pane next to see if it's just the SSO pane with the issue.

monogrant
Contributor

Bumping because there doesn't seem to be a solid answer.

I'm testing with Jamf Cloud 10.24.2 and a 10.15.4 VM. DEP and all Prestage works as expected other than the customization - which I want to use SSO to so we can get Google IdP user info looked up for local user creation

avail
New Contributor III

Same situation as @monogrant - all bits work except for the customisation. Am a bit stumped!
Test VM running macOS 10.15.7, Jamf Cloud 10.24.2-t1600451425

kevin_v
Contributor

Bump - Not working
10.26 with 10.15.7 or 11.0.1

kevin_v
Contributor

Update - I am reading that this issue may be limited to VMWare Fusion. Have bare metal boxes been tested against? I don't have any available to me at the moment.

colordean
New Contributor II

I encountered this issue w/ VMWare Fusion recently. Enrollment customization would not work outside of the physical device.

kevin_v
Contributor

After rebuilding my VMs (10.15.7 and 11.1) - they are now picking up the Enrollment Customizations.

Seems if you are just turning on Enrollment Customizations and testing, you need to rebuild your VM. If you've had Enrollment Customizations for some time now, they just work. What I'm confused about, is why isn't the payload deployed per enrollment? Seems like it is somehow dropped off prior to enrollment.

kevin_v
Contributor

One unexpected consequence of enabling Enrollment Customizations for our environment - it allowed the users to change their password post-LDAP AD authentication (we have a JIM Proxy for AD auth)

Prior to enabling - the users skipped the Account Setup screen and their credentials were locked to their account. They couldn't change them. With enrollment customization enabled, they are now able to modify at the account setup screen. Not cool for us.