Enrollment Issue after installing Tomcat SSL Cert

gburgess
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I'm in the process of installing an SSL Wildcard Cert on our server.

I uploaded the cert to Tomcat without issue. I'm able to verify the cert is good. No issue there. I was able to verify that current machines can talk to the JSS, MacOS and iOS. Check-in and recon all fine.

I started with an iPad to test enrollment and hit a snag. At enrollment (cogwheel screen), an error came up saying that it could not correctly map back the cert correctly. Doing some research,I found that I had to get rid of the old Cert Anchor in the pre-stage enrollment area. That appeared to work on the iPads without issue. I was then able to wipe the device and re-enroll. Everything appears to be working fine on the iOS side.

I'm not seeing that luck on the MacOS side. Even with getting rid of the Cert Anchor, I'm seeing an issue at the enrollment screen at system setup. If I hit continue on the cogwheel screen, nothing happens. I get no error message. It will sit there until the machine goes to sleep and want to start over again. I have a ticket in with support currently,

I'll make sure to post an update here once I have it ironed out with support. I just wanted to connect with JAMF Nation to see if you had any ideas for me to try while I wait to hear back.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

Have you tried enrolling with a completely different Mac or have you erased and re-installed the macOS on your test Mac? Once a Mac starts through the Automated Device Enrollment process and fails, it caches what it has tried and will hold on to that until you wipe it

gburgess
New Contributor III

Hi @talkingmoose , it looks like I jumped the gun here. I was able to create a new pre-stage and everything worked after a bit. I was wiping in between every try.

I was then able to go back and reset the old pre-stages with the cert anchors, waited about 15-20 mins and then everything worked. It looks like I was just being impatient with a few things.

Thanks for your response!