Enrollment of Pre-existing iPads

css0038
New Contributor II

I have several iPads that we were managing (poorly) that we are trying to migrate from our old server into the new server of jamf. I am running into the issue where one device I have has been entered into DEP via deploy.apple.com and the device is displayed in our pre-stage enrollments. However, when walking through the setup process for this iPad, it never actually enrolls into our new jamf server.

1. The device stays in unassigned in our pre-stage enrollment.
  2. Our new server of jamf is a cloud server.
  3. We have no issues with brand new devices being enrolled into our new jamf server.
  4. The iPad is on iOS 11.2.5.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

a_simmons
Contributor II

Moved mine from an on-prem server to the cloud last year. In deploy.apple.com if its currently pointing to the old server, unassign the device device so its not pointing any, then point it to the new server.

View solution in original post

a_simmons
Contributor II

@css0038

• Delete the device from the old JSS
  • In the DEP un-assign the device from the server
  • Assign the device to the new Cloud Server
  • In the Cloud JSS add the device to the Prestage Enrolment configuration
  • Then reset the iPad to see if it picks up the settings of the new server

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shellyrichlnfcu
New Contributor

I had this issue and after a lot of digging found that one of the iPads had a date/time issue which was preventing the remaining iPads to update. We went into the settings of that iPad and set the date/time to automatically update and it resolved itself almost instantly. Not sure if this will help but thought it may.

css0038
New Contributor II

Thank you for the response, but that did not fix the issue.

a_simmons
Contributor II

Moved mine from an on-prem server to the cloud last year. In deploy.apple.com if its currently pointing to the old server, unassign the device device so its not pointing any, then point it to the new server.

a_simmons
Contributor II

@css0038

• Delete the device from the old JSS
  • In the DEP un-assign the device from the server
  • Assign the device to the new Cloud Server
  • In the Cloud JSS add the device to the Prestage Enrolment configuration
  • Then reset the iPad to see if it picks up the settings of the new server

mbracco
Contributor

We had to dfu-reset those ipads as some enrollment settings are kept it not dfu-reset.

css0038
New Contributor II

It turns out we had it pointing to multiple servers in DEP. Thank you all for your responses