Enrollment process

harsha
New Contributor III

Hi Team,

I have created an account in jamf pro in the form of enrol and given access level as full access and privileges as enrollment only. After I entered the url in mac book(http://xxxxxxxx.jamfcloud.com/enroll/?) at that time i am getting disable. May I know may it is showing like that?

Here are the two screenshots for what i did in enrol and msg in mac book:-

harsha_0-1635224844891.png

harsha_2-1635224919968.png

8 REPLIES 8

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

Hi Harsha, This error means the device is not communicating to Jamf so could you try to access URL with any other available wifi (mobile hotspot will be preferable).

Thanks

Liam_Donnelly
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Looks like you might not have user-initiated enrollment turned on. 

Check Settings > Global Management > User-Initiated Enrollment > Platforms 

harsha
New Contributor III

harsha_0-1635244014189.png

How do I get this software update tab.

Settings > Computer Management > Computer Inventory Collection > Collect Available Software Updates  

harsha
New Contributor III

when do i get the latest version under it? but it doesn't shows anything like latest version? but in mac it shows the latest version as 11.6

harsha_0-1635244827548.png

Jamf collects the data during a Jamf Inventory collection 🙂

harsha
New Contributor III
 I need the information about Force updates:- "Is it sending a notification that a Force Update will happen in certain amount of time?"

Hasibravo
New Contributor III

@harsha Yes you can set deferral from 1 to 90 days but you need to set the configuration profile, for guidance please click on the below link 

https://docs.jamf.com/best-practice-workflows/jamf-pro/managing-macos-updates/Deferring_a_macOS_Upda...

We are using a combination of an MDM deferral period and a daily prompt for Macs with the criteria "Number of available updates is not 0". We scan for updates weekly so the deferral period begins at that point (e.g. the client knows the update exists and will install it on the next scheduled scan, once the deferral period expires).

The prompt, once acknowledged, directs users to Software Update.app so they can install from there. It's pretty effective and future proofs us for Big Sur when user authentication is required to install updates and a background scan/install is no longer effective.

Our reason for deferring updates across the board was the Mojave patch last year that took down ~150 Mojave Macs.