enrollments not completing today

walt
Contributor III

anyone else experiencing issues enrolling Macs into JamfCloud?

so far it has occurred when using DEP, the profiles command, and manual enrollment through our URL.

The MDM profile will load and that's it. One Mac was previously enrolled into Jamf but hasn't been an issue before as we clear out enrollment records upon re-enrollment.

49 REPLIES 49

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Same issues here. I just submitted a ticket. On iPads they hang at the setup assistant where it's waiting for config profiles to install. Enrolled devices don't send commands successfully 90% of the time.

Eyoung
Contributor

one ditto from me for macOS

walt
Contributor III

thanks for confirming. just had one of the problematic devices complete the enrollment now.

jschlimmer
New Contributor III

A bunch of my devices are failing to install profiles during enrollment and also existing machines with custom profiles.

This is the common error.

**<profile name>**    
There was a problem communicating with a push server

galionschools
Contributor

@jschlimmer Also seeing this as well. Sometime it takes numerous retries to get a command to send.

ponyboy
New Contributor III

Also what I'm seeing today. Thought I was going crazy. Figures I have a deadline of Thursday to enroll 50 machines.

wbherrera2
New Contributor

I am also running into this issue as well. Currently trying to enroll a 16"MBP and even after doing a fresh wipe, disk utility check and ensuring my apple business manager is up to date with the DEP information, it is still stuck int he remote management section.

jkryklywec
New Contributor III

same issue here with Mac dev enrollments as well as any push, support ticket created, they are aware but are collecting logs so contact Jamf now to add to this issue

eizaguirre
New Contributor III

Same here! Had some issues with a test VM this morning. Eventually went passed enrollment after a few reboots. I didn't think much of it, I leaned more towards the VM being the problem. Later in the afternoon we needed to enroll a handful of iPads - stuck on configuration for at least 20 mins.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Unlike yesterday I now can't send any mdm commands on either platform this morning. All end up failed with the same message as above even after repeated attempts. Last I heard from support is that they're looking into it. Hopefully with some haste as this is slightly holding me up.

solson
New Contributor

Same. Any fix yet?

syoung17
New Contributor II

Same... any further information from support?

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@syoung17 Nothing since yesterday. They were consulting with engineering and other internal folks. I suggest you put a ticket in as well so they have more incentive to get this fixed as quickly as possible.

kevin_v
Contributor

We are affected. Ticket Submitted with Logs...

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

I prodded support more just a little while ago. Nothing definitive as it was stated it could be a product issue or something else altogether. Worrisome to say the least but I was assured QA is on it.

They should really update the status page as right now it's showing everything is operational and hunky dory.

Athena
New Contributor

Also submitted a ticket. I had two 2019 Macbook Airs I tried enrolling yesterday with the same issue - MDM profile gets added, workstation shows up in Jamf with pending commands and never finishes. I wiped and restored one machine yesterday and it still wouldn't enroll, but when I woke up both computers again today to try again, it miraculously finished. The second one still won't enroll no matter what. A bit annoyed that both Jamf and Apple's status pages are showing all services up right now.

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Same here

jschlimmer
New Contributor III

Ticket in as well. It seems to be fairly random on how long it takes for Macs to eventually get a successful connection to the push server to complete mdm commands. Usually somewhere between 10 minutes and an hour, tho I've seen longer.

It's happening across different network types, different device types, different operating systems.

PE2000
Contributor

I am also seeing this...

"There was a problem communicating with a push server"

Thanks

korzeniowskin
New Contributor II

Us as well

lgduarte
New Contributor

I checked the Jamf Server status and looks like there is a Critical Maintenance window today.

https://statusgator.com/services/jamf

hdsreid
Contributor III

@lgduarte did it ever end though? it started at 2AM EST and was scheduled for 6 hours. doesn't look like they ever updated the page to "complete" however

lgduarte
New Contributor

@hdsreid The detail box still show "In Progress" so I'm guessing still being in progress or they haven't updated it.

I'm still having the "There was a problem communicating with a push server" error messages

cpizanias
Contributor

I'm also having a problem enrolling devices and downloading from Self Service. Not sure if it's a JAMF issue or APNS is down.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

We are also seeing this issue today

CGundersen
Contributor III

I was out of office Monday-Tuesday, but noticed enrollment issues when testing workflows in both Test and Prod environments today. Depending on PreStage/workflow (NoLoAD vs Jamf pre-fill account), I can coax things through by cancelling Pending (and Failed? ... which is what was recommended by support team). Even aforementioned troubleshooting doesn't seem to be of benefit in all cases ... and definitely isn't scalable by any stretch.

bmcdade
Contributor

I'm still seeing this problem on July 2. I can't enroll a device (MacOS) since it's stuck on "Waiting for Management Server" and "Connecting to Server". Technically I'm still in the service window time but if this has been going on since yesterday, I don't think it's going to get fixed by the closing of that window.

Edit: Seems service is backup it's now 10:21 UTC

Cayde-6
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I'm still getting the error

"There was a problem communicating with a push server"

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

Yep. Same here. It's very inconsistent. I'll have one iPad or Mac process a few commands then another device will error on everyone or it will process one then fail the rest. Fun stuff!

Do note that the maintenance event yesterday was for JCDS not this issue.

CGundersen
Contributor III

Nothing changed this AM. Issue persists. Jamf status page indicating everything operational ... so no taking ownership of this problem from Jamf at this point.

ajfunk
Contributor

Also receiving this error when running Update Inventory command to my iPads.

nigelmarrion
Contributor

We are seeing this issue. At this point I cannot complete an iPad enrollment! "There was a problem communicating with a push server"

Have seen slowness in completing enrollments since 6/29, since the 10.22 update. Gave up yesterday hoping that last night's maintenance would address this. Apparently things are now worse.

Have opened a support case. Agent tells me that only a few customers have reported this problem and it is unknown if it related to 10.22 or not.

We are now dead in the water...

rafgar
New Contributor II

Which Jamf Pro cloud region are you all on? Curious if they all have this issue or just one. We are on us-east-1.
Enrollments are obviously impacted by this issue, but also our normal daily commands like install app, update inventory, restart device, they all have high failure rate currently. "There was a problem communicating with a push server"

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I was experiencing the same issue yesterday after a client reported it. My test VM would not enroll. Kept getting stuck in a loop at the Setup Assistant enrolling via DEP.
As of this morning, after the critical maintenance window completed, at first it was still giving me the same problem. But after shutting down the VM completely, deleting the existing computer entry in Jamf Pro, and booting it back up, it finally enrolled successfully and got past the Setup Assistant.

So, it's working now for me at least, but you may have to take some extra measures to get it to work again if you're still seeing the issue. I should note that in the past I've never had to delete an existing computer entry before to work around a DEP issue. It usually would just enroll and update the existing record.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@rafgar We're on us-east-1 as well. The support agent mentioned that it was sporadic and that people where affected in different ways by whatever this is.

The maintenance window specifically mentioned JCDS. I don't think it was intended to correct the issue we are all having. From what I could gather from the support agent they haven't narrowed down the issue and they were bringing more bodies into the mix to get it fixed quicker.

cpizanias
Contributor

Still happening for us today as well.

JoshRouthier
Contributor

https://status.jamf.com is showing they are doing some work on the issue this afternoon.

dptech
New Contributor III

We're having the same issues you guys are all referencing. Zero response from JAMF. Our ticket: [ ref:_00D80cOw4._5000h1h1IBg:ref ] is just sitting there. Nothing. How many posts in this thread? Pushing 40 now and nobody from JAMF has said a word.

I've had to send my summer help home without pay. We've got 900 devices to get through which shouldn't take more than a few days, but at this point without word as to when we'll be back up and running I can't even plan. Not only is JAMF screwing up my very narrow deployment window but this is also throwing off my entire summer schedule.

PE2000
Contributor

has anyone tried this yet?

Symptoms: After enrollment begins the device simply hangs on connecting to your jamf pro url...

Fix

1. In Jamf Pro, go in to Settings > Global Management > Automated Device Enrollment, and click on Public Key.
  2. Log into Apple School / Business Manager
  3. In the sidebar, select Settings
  4. Click into your MDM server
  5. Edit
  6. Under MDM Server Settings, upload the public key
  7. Click Apply at the top
  8. Click Download Server Token
  9. Go Back in to Jamf Pro
  10. Settings > Global Management > Automated Device Enrollment
  11. Click on the specific Device Enrollment instance
  12. Edit
  13. Upload Server Token File