enrollments not completing today

walt
Contributor III

anyone else experiencing issues enrolling Macs into JamfCloud?

so far it has occurred when using DEP, the profiles command, and manual enrollment through our URL.

The MDM profile will load and that's it. One Mac was previously enrolled into Jamf but hasn't been an issue before as we clear out enrollment records upon re-enrollment.

49 REPLIES 49

tomt
Valued Contributor

Only took 4 days to officially acknowledge.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@dptech While I'm not in the same kind of bind you're in I did struggle this week to keep a college intern busy because of this. Mindless busy work like cleaning keyboards is fun especially when you're the person that needs to come up with it!

@JoshRouthier Yep I just received a response from support saying they have updated the page. I had mentioned to him that this should be shown as an issue on that page especially with the growing number of affected customers.

gregreznik
New Contributor III

Having this issue here as well - nothing works to get the machine enrolled. :/

CGundersen
Contributor III

Physical macOS 10.15.5 Automated Device Enrollment went well in PROD. VM in TEST environment also went through said workflow successfully. I'm calling things good ... for now at least.

dptech
New Contributor III

@PE2000 I just tried your fix. Thanks for trying. We're seeing same errors as before.

gregreznik
New Contributor III

Yes confirming I just enrolled a physical machine and all went well!

grahamrpugh
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Please can you post which region you are on if you are continuing to experience problems with APNs? The Jamf Status Page shows a known issue with APNs on region us-east-1 but if anyone is in another region and experiencing APNs reliability issues, it would be useful for others to know.

dptech
New Contributor III

@grahamrpugh We are us-east-1, known issue, I've been unable to deploy new devices since the 27th of June. I finally heard back from JAMF tech support yesterday but they mistakenly replied to someone else's ticket and didn't acknowledge this issue at all.

When we go to enroll a new device, we get to the remote management, the laptop just sits there saying it's connecting to the server over and over.

the log files show:

2020-07-03 14:29:57,509 [ERROR] [ina-exec-49] [lientCommunicationServlet] - Comm Device null. remoteip:[xx.xx.xx.xx],device:[MAC=7C:D1:C3:E7:FF:95,82:0D:41:E6:7B:80,7C:D1:C3:E7:FF:96,UUID=DB9B7EC1-8D03-5F12-BA2B-497956A18A81,NoSerial]

2020-07-03 14:30:01,170 [INFO ] [duledPool-0] [VppLicenseMonitor ] - Running license monitor

2020-07-03 14:30:29,673 [INFO ] [duledPool-0] [VppLicenseMonitor ] - License monitor completed after 28.5 seconds

2020-07-03 14:30:53,342 [ERROR] [ina-exec-34] [dmControllerProcessorImpl] - Exception parsing MDM request

com.jamfsoftware.jss.exceptions.operations.MDMActionCreationException: com.jamfsoftware.jss.mdm.actions.exceptions.DeviceNotFoundException: Unable to find device with management ID: e7b45d5f-285e-4ea1-9c57-71dc0608895b

at com.jamfsoftware.jss.mdm.actions.MDMActionFactory.createActionForRequest(MDMActionFactory.java:292)

at com.jamfsoftware.mdm.jss.controller.LegacyMdmControllerProcessorImpl.getMdmRequestAction(LegacyMdmControllerProcessorImpl.java:232)

at com.jamfsoftware.mdm.jss.controller.LegacyMdmControllerProcessorImpl.handleRequest(LegacyMdmControllerProcessorImpl.java:108)

at com.jamfsoftware.jss.mdm.enrollment.MDMController.process(MDMController.java:98)

at com.jamfsoftware.mdm.jss.controller.MdmToggleController.put([MdmToggleControll

dptech
New Contributor III

I also was able to enroll a machine. I'm not 100% convinced this is completely fixed yet. We will test a ton on Monday.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

@dptech I was able to enroll a machine and several iPads without any issues. Commands sent to existing devices also completed without failing. Looks like the issue has been resolved from where I'm sitting.