Epic Games Launcher - Frequent Updates

DL_ITServ
New Contributor

Hi All,

We have a deployment Policy for Epic Games Launcher however the App updates itself so frequently and requires Admin Access to complete the Update. My team and I are wondering if you have ever come across a way to trigger this update silently or get the app to auto update?

I want to note that myself and my team are new to Jamf and to working with MacOS.

Any assistance or help would be awesome - thank you in advance

5 REPLIES 5

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Hi, doesn't the launcher have a built-in auto-update you can enable as it does on a PC? In the launcher-->Settings-->Manage Games. There should be auto-upate option.

DL_ITServ
New Contributor

@junjishimazaki Thank you for getting back to me - I couldn't see any auto update options within the settings of the Launcher - this is indeed something i had already looked into :(

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

Then I would hit up Epic support about this issue.

tigiris
New Contributor

To trigger the update silently, you can try using a script or a command line tool to automate the update process. There might be specific command-line options available for the Epic Games Launcher that allow you to update without any user intervention.

As for auto-updating, you can check if the Epic Games Launcher has a built-in option for automatic updates. Some applications have settings that allow them to automatically download and install updates in the background without user interaction. Take a look at the preferences or settings within the launcher to see if such an option exists.

SummerFrog
New Contributor

Managing updates for applications, especially on macOS, can be a bit tricky. With the frequent updates from the Epic Games Launcher, you might want to explore creating a script or utilizing a management tool like Jamf to automate and streamline the update process. It's great that you're diving into this, and while it might take some trial and error, you'll find the right solution for your team. Feel free to reach out for more help as you delve deeper into the world of managing apps on Mac! Best of luck!