Error Creating Backup of the JSS Database

djricks
New Contributor

The backup won't automatically run on the schedule however runs fine when run manually. Error msg below:

There was an error backing up your JSS Database. Please see the server for more information.

First question where do I check the server for more information? Is there an error log somewhere or is this within the web console? Secondly I'm trying to backup the db to a unc path to another server could this be the problem?
Thanks
Duncan

2 REPLIES 2

Joel_Peasley
Contributor
Contributor

The log that you are looking for is the backupDatabase.log and is found in the following locations.

Mac /Library/JSS/Logs/backupDatabase.log
Windows C:Program FilesJSSLogsackupDatabase.log Linux /usr/local/jss/logs/backupDatabase.log

Thanks,
Joel

djricks
New Contributor

Thanks very much Joel, in that case I'm getting the below error... [2013-02-14 01:00:10] ashford11ackupASH010_JSSauto-2013-02-14_01-00-01.sql.gz (Access is denied)

What user credentials does the backup routine use when running on a schedule? The backup works when I run manually under my login credentials to the same unc path. Or on the of hand what permissions should I put on the share/folder to let the jss access the remote path

Thanks
Duncan