Export Applications

BlakeR-NZ
New Contributor III

Is it possible to export a list of just the applications found across all devices without listing the device name.

Basically I want just a list of applications so that periodically I can run the report, go through the list and look for odd applications that I'm not familiar with and follow up from there. The current computer inventory export > applications file is huge and takes to long to go through as EVERY device has chess.app installed for example. 

If not I might have to go to plan B

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

its somewhat unconventional, but, new smart group, add Application Title, click the ... and there you have every app ever installed... You can then highlight the lot and copy paste into a doc / sheet etc. 

scottlep
Contributor II

I usually do a wild card (*) search for Applications (Computers>Search Inventory), make sure the results are sorted by "View by Applications", then when the list of apps is shown I copy and paste from my browser into a spreadsheet and clean up the cruft I do not need.

duff2481-1
Contributor

I have a powerbi report and look at Computers - Applications group. There you can see application name and path.