Export BluePrint

jbodden
New Contributor II

All,
One of my departments has an iPad cart they have been maintaining with Apple Configurator and they would like for me to duplicate their config in JSS. I've never used configurator before this and what I would like to do is pull the config from one of their IPads or copy the blue print from their existing workstation so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel and can maintain folders and screen layouts/restrictions etc

Is it possible to upload the config of an existing IPad or export the blueprint

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bumbletech
Contributor III

Blueprints are located at:

~/Library/Group Containers/K36BKF7T3D.group.com.apple.configurator/Library/Application Support/com.apple.configurator/Blueprints

I have a few Blueprints that I package up as a DMG and distribute to our field techs for bulk iPad activation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Apple Configurator does have a backup button when you right-click on blueprints, although I can't tell where they go. Export only lets you export some of the blueprints contents.

The closest you could get would be to export the configuration profiles and re-import them into the JSS.

bumbletech
Contributor III

Blueprints are located at:

~/Library/Group Containers/K36BKF7T3D.group.com.apple.configurator/Library/Application Support/com.apple.configurator/Blueprints

I have a few Blueprints that I package up as a DMG and distribute to our field techs for bulk iPad activation.