Extension Attribute for AD

Janothin
New Contributor II

Hello,

Is it possible to add an object from AD into Jamf? If so, can someone walk me through it. I would like to add something that needs to be turned on or off by another team, but would like to reflect this so our help desk can look at the user and verify if its been turned off or on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

robii
New Contributor III

a94a8a12216b412ea09606bbb74c077d
Do you have "Collect user and location information from LDAP" enabled in Inventory Collection?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

andymcp
New Contributor III

If you create a new computer extension attribute you can select "LDAP Attribute Mapping" as the Input Type and use whatever LDAP Attribute you'd like8fc6259f65f24072bd8977c13ff15b9f

Janothin
New Contributor II

It doesn't appear for me even though I have it, any suggestions?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Is your Jamf Pro server connected to AD? I believe that option only shows up if it’s connected to an LDAP server.

Janothin
New Contributor II

It is, which is why I cannot figure out why this doesn’t populate.

boberito
Valued Contributor

Under I believe Inventory Collection there's a check box you need to enable if I remember right. I had the same issue and was pulling my hair out. I don't currently have access to my jamf server(i'm not at work). So I can't remember the exact name.

talkingmoose

You may need to enable the "Collect user and location information from LDAP" option in Jamf Pro Settings > Computer Management > Inventory Collection.

Janothin
New Contributor II

Still not working :-/

luke_michelson
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Have you tested the LDAP Server mappings to verify it is working as expected? Jamf Pro Settings>System Settings>LDAP Servers, click on the name of your LDAP Server. There should be a Test button on the bottom right. I'd check three settings, User Mappings, User Group Mappings, User Group Membership Mappings.

Janothin
New Contributor II

Yes, which is why this is so confusing. I’m not sure why it doesn’t populate.

robii
New Contributor III

a94a8a12216b412ea09606bbb74c077d
Do you have "Collect user and location information from LDAP" enabled in Inventory Collection?

mattedmonds
New Contributor II

I've tried setting this up for ages.... I have all the above settings configured, LDAP mappings test works, LDAP extension attribute set to "memberOf" yet when I create a smart group for a specific LDAP group there are no members.
This is driving me and Jamf support to their wits end.