Extension Attribute for AD

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to create an extension attribute to gather the UPN for the current logged in user. I have followed the directions from the link below adjusting as needed, however I cannot figure out how to get the plist to populate anything inside of <string> </string>. I have to be missing something dumb, any ideas would be much appreciated.

https://www.jamf.com/blog/help-users-activate-microsoft-office-365-and-configure-outlook-in-one-click/

ae1e8e7b66c2475186e2df7d8dce56b0

7f385403d0b04ad290074a1b744b284e

c283a8c5e4c347a286f812dcde1b77e5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I think I found where I was hanging up in my original workflow. The UPN is pulled for the user the mac is assigned to, the macs I was testing on were lab devices and not assigned to anyone. The only catch is this plist does not update, so you would have to remove it and reinstall it to update it. I am probably going to cache a policy to renew it on checkin to resolve that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

daniel_behan
Contributor III

The key is really for Office, not Outlook. Also, if a Kerberos ticket is present, Office should get the UPN from there.
bbe4845b404c4a27b49a8e7a2e1ac16c

66368288236a40dbb4e94ae2ce7e73c4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. We are generating Kerberos tickets. I duplicated the configuration in your screenshots, but unfortunately it is not populating the information needed for our office setup. About a year ago we moved from first.last@domain.com for email address to UPN which for us is userID@domain.com so our email and UPN are not the same unfortunately. If you manually log in to outlook with userID@domain.com and provide a password the rest is automatic, I am trying to get that userID@domain.com to popup automatically.

I am relatively new at this JAMF admin stuff and I am still learning as I go :).

4e3874d504ab4afd90c2e45e80fadf6a

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I think I found where I was hanging up in my original workflow. The UPN is pulled for the user the mac is assigned to, the macs I was testing on were lab devices and not assigned to anyone. The only catch is this plist does not update, so you would have to remove it and reinstall it to update it. I am probably going to cache a policy to renew it on checkin to resolve that.