Extension Attribute

rwinfie
Contributor

What is the process to update existing Extension Attribute here on Jamf nation. IE the Crashplan ( Code 42) Extension Attribute is using old API calls that no longer function. Though i have fixed it for my environment, Id like to update it for the community

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @rwinfie -

If you have an updated Extension Attribute, you can upload it to Jamf Nation through the respective Third Party Product's page. In this case; Crash Plan's can be found here.

Thanks!

alanfoley
New Contributor II

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I would be interested in checking them out. I recently moved from hosted to cloud CrashPlan, and my API calls for Extension Attributes are now failing and the docs seem less than ideal. I had Backup Percent Complete, Last backup, & CrashPlan Status all functioning prior to move.

Joyrex
New Contributor III

Just had to update my Last Backup EA in order for it to pull the date. Had to add "sudo" to the cat command to pull the GUID from /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/.identity. Might have to modify the other EA's as well.

alanfoley
New Contributor II

I resolved my issues.

I had built out a separate Org for audit purposes in my on-premise CrashPlan server, and placed my API account and an account for security Operations in there, and they had the role 'All Org Security' so they could read all other orgs. When we moved to cloud that role is no longer available, so I ended up moving things around and got it work due to parent and child orgs and permissions.

I don't think you should have to sudo to get the GUID, the policy is run as root.

Joyrex
New Contributor III

Yup, you are right had error in my script.