failed to verify disk

Bukira
Contributor

HI chaps

Another tester for you.

How many of you get disk verified failure on your macs when running the maintenance policy?

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 6.01 Executing Policy Maintenance... Updating Prebindings... Fixing Permissions... Fixing ByHost files... Flushing System Caches... Flushing User Caches... Verifying Disk mounted at '/' Result of disk verification: Started verify/repair volume (filesystem) on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD

Performing live verification Checking Journaled HFS Plus volume Checking Extents Overflow file Checking Catalog file Checking multi-linked files Checking Catalog hierarchy Checking Extended Attributes file Checking volume bitmap Checking volume information [31mInvalid volume file count[0m hould be 400538 instead of 40 [31mInvalid volume directory count[0m hould be 93517 instead of 9 The volume Macintosh HD needs to be repaired Error detected while verifying/repairing volume disk0s2 Macintosh HD: Filesystem verify or repair failed (-9957)

Finished verify/repair volume (filesystem) on disk disk0s2 Macintosh HD Error detected while verifying/repairing volume disk0s2 Macintosh HD: Filesystem verify or repair failed (-9957)

i get this error a lot, and mostly on the same machines, as one cannot repair a boot drive i created the following

1, i created a diskless netboot image with no logon possible and a loginwindow background that informs you that it is repairing the disk so do not try to login or reboot the computer as it is automated. 2, i created a first run script that runs disk repair on the main volume, then sets the boot volume to the local drive and reboots the computer 3. I created a policy to set the started disk to the above netboot image and then reboot the mac if no one is logged in, otherwise it will reboot at next startup.

How does everyone else solve this isssue? Criss Myers
Senior Customer Support Analyst (Mac Services)
Apple Certified Technical Coordinator v10.5
LIS Business Support Team
Library 301
University of Central Lancashire
Preston PR1 2HE
Ex 5054
01772 895054

0 REPLIES 0