Filevault Policy Banner prelogin after macOS 12.3

joshuaaclark
Contributor

Having a weird issue. After updating to macOS 12.3, right before the filevault login, I am presented with our PoilicyBanner, and I cannot click on the accept button. This is pre-OS right before FileVault login. I have to click the white text, tab, and hit return to get to my filevault login avatars. At this point, I can login and then am presented with the OS’s PolicyBanner.

According to How to set up policy banners in macOS - Apple Support https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202277 Expected behavior should be: If you use FileVault full disk encryption on your computer, the policy banner appears after the first user logs in, before the desktop appears. The first login is performed to unlock the startup disk.

Present behavior: Computer startup boots to PolicyBanner that is stretched to the edge of the screen. You must click to focus and tab to Accept. Then we get FileVault login profiles. Enter password. Unit boots to PolicyBanner to check accept and continue, then to desktop.

Anyone else experiencing this?

5 REPLIES 5

andymallins
New Contributor III

This looks to be new behaviour unique to Apple Silicon, Intel still appears to appear post FV login, I've not had any issues accepting it though.

joshuaaclark
Contributor

Thank you. I am unable to replicate on Intel.

jezza
New Contributor III

Same issue here, I will be raising this with Apple shortly. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Left that job in 2022. So IDK, but you are not crazy.

jezza
New Contributor III

Hopefully for a better job! Thanks for letting me know. Have a good New Year's!