FireFox Deployment

ds_support
New Contributor III

Hello JAMF Nation,

I having a little bit trouble with "FireFox"... I start the deployment and FireFox works great! Only the Auto Updater doesnt works.. He tell me that the user don't have the premissions to update FireFox. I don't know why, I am Admin on my Mac and I can not update it, too.

What is the best way to update the FireFox every week, maybe in the Background without the auto updater? The issue is a little bit irritating because, I start "FireFox" the Auto Updater starts and I get a error message the the update failed... :-) And this every start of FireFox.

Many Thanks for help!
Christian

3 REPLIES 3

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Not a fix for the actual issue, but you can use autopkg to push out the newest version.

On a side note, I've had that issue on my Mac for a few weeks. I've not looked into why yet. My setup is 10.11.6, vanilla install with an autopkg version of Firefox.

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I've seen the same thing. I had to make a recipe override to adjust the permissions of the application to allow admin users to be able to update the application using the built-in auto update feature.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I had the same issue (local, not even Casper-involved) a week or two back.
used AutoPkgr to grab a new copy after nuking the older one and it works fine now - updating included.
Wondering if there was some issue with FF on their end, or a particular build?
Anyways, I've been doing like the guys above and no issues now.