Firewall Exceptions

jkarpenske
New Contributor III

I'm having trouble with a firewall exception not seeming to work.

I found the bundle ID of the app (found using osascript -e 'id of app "Name of App"') and put it into the config profile in the the "App-Specific Incoming Connection Settings" section of the Firewall tab in Security & Privacy. (please see below)

eb9791b867544546add985998ecd5462

However, when I deploy the Config Profile out to our lab, the user still sees the "Do you want the application "Prinergy Evo" to accept incoming network connections?" message when they start the program. Our lab users are not admins, so they're not able to allow the connections.

Any ideas what I might try, or what I've done wrong?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

eonl
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I wonder how this exactly works.

jkarpenske
New Contributor III

I'm working with Jamf support to try to find a solution - nothing so far. I'll post again if I learn anything new.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Is the app properly signed? We were constantly having this sort of issue with some apps that had signing issues, and the OS would constantly prompt the user even if they added exceptions themselves.

iRyan23
New Contributor III

@alexjdale

How did you fix this issue for the apps that weren't properly signed? Did you sign them yourself? I have an app that I deploy that appears to be signed but it prompts for firewall permission and even after it is added, it prompts the user each time it's opened.

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Well, we sorta solved it by moving to a different app, the vendor just wasn't able to make it right.