FlieVault 2 status saying no Partitions encrypted

brentmichael200
New Contributor

Hi, we just implement JAMF Pro last week and I am trying to figure out some things when it comes to FileVault 2 encryption. In the first and 2nd screenshots I have attached you can see it says "No Partitions Encrypted" for the FileVault 2 state. However if I go to the management tab it says FileVault 2 is configured and I can get the recovery key. On the MacBook I can clearly see that FileVault is on. Any ideas on why that is happening?

My 2nd question is about AD users being able to login to the Machine with FV2 enabled. If I go to users & Groups and select login options it shows that the "Display login window as: Name and Password" is selected. If I restart the MacBook it just comes up to where it will only allow the local administrator account to login. It doesnt display the name and password field like it should. Any suggestions on this?

Thanks!09a8c9f63b544267abab5a89e7082b09
3d007d2a13f64362baa17823e00efc46
fa27b59f818d488586244e8b299573c0

5 REPLIES 5

dzogrim
New Contributor III

Hi,
For the first part, is the inventory updated since encryption has been done?
For the 2nd part, AD and FileVault user is unfortunately a bad idea. Shortly, FileVault authorised users from AD is to be manually set and update each time the password would change in AD… it's at this time not sync… (as I know). Anyway, you can 'enable' the user (from AD) to FileVault after macOS local account creation is done in System Prefs > Security > FileVault…

brentmichael200
New Contributor

Yeah, just did an inventory update a couple minutes ago and get the same thing with "No partitions encrypted" even though we know it is encrypted.

So would you recommend not joining the Mac to AD and just having users create local account during the Mac setup?

Thanks!

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

It will say "no partitions encrypted" if encryption is in progress or paused.

For High Sierra APFS systems, you also need to enable AD users and make sure they can be granted a secure token from your local admin account. They won't automatically be FV-enabled.

brentmichael200
New Contributor

Once I updated the inventory it now shows as encrypted. So that problem is solved!

Now just need to figure out a way to make it easy for AD users with FileVault enabled.

dzogrim
New Contributor III

Hey ! Have you read this discussion?