Flush log when a device enters smart group.

cprimero
New Contributor III

Hello all,

First off, any guidance is much appreciated. I have a security application that is installed upon enrollment. Scoped to that policy is a smart group that looks for devices that have removed that security application or if the application does not exist.

What I am finding is that when a user removes the application and it becomes part of that group again, I am having to manually flush the log for that machine in order for the policy to run again. Is there a way to flush the log automatically when a computers enters that smart group?

Execution policy is : once per computer
Switching to "on-going" would essentially run the policy every time it checks in. I could create a script added to an "on-going" policy that checks to see if the application exist and runs before the installer. Again, the script will run every single time it checks in. Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@cprimero , the issue you have is the Execution policy frequency.. If the policy is scoped based on the smart group criteria, you would want to set the Execution Policy as ongoing.. That way it will continuously check against that smart computer group, and any machine that falls in that group, will run the policy. Those that are not/fall out that smart computer group, will not run again until they are in that group..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@cprimero , the issue you have is the Execution policy frequency.. If the policy is scoped based on the smart group criteria, you would want to set the Execution Policy as ongoing.. That way it will continuously check against that smart computer group, and any machine that falls in that group, will run the policy. Those that are not/fall out that smart computer group, will not run again until they are in that group..

cprimero
New Contributor III

@JustDeWon Thank you for the clarification. As I am some what new to Jamf.

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@cprimero , no problem. Welcome to JAMF ;).. Also note, it'll be helpful to have a recon/inventory update on the policy if you don't already.