GlobalProtect Login

bruth85
New Contributor III

I am installing GlobalProtect during our initial imaging process and it installs just fine. However when I try to test it the application never prompts for the login credentials. After I uninstall it and install it manually the login credential window pops up like it should. Anyone have any thoughts on what might be going on? To create the package I just dragged the .pkg housed within the .dmg downloaded from PA website into Jamf Admin. I am wondering if perhaps I need to set some kind of file ownership back to the logged-in user or change the way I create the package but I am really not sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bruth85
New Contributor III

We got a new version of GP and when i created the package I built it as a DMG and made sure to fill FUT and FUE and everything works as it should now. I just made sure to get rid of all of the non GP stuff from the source package in composer.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jalbert
Contributor

Probably a little late, but we encountered this as well and it needed to be allowed in Security & Privacy. We created a PPPC to allow this.

cbd4s
Contributor II

From the recent testing, I think GlobalProtect credential is stored in keychain as the application password login. However the account name is recorded as "login". The actual username is recorded in the com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.plist file under ~/Library/Preferences. There is also a com.paloaltonetworks.GlobalProtect.settings.plist file, in which under the Setting/portal, the attribute DisplayWelcome can be configured to disable the welcome popup window.

bruth85
New Contributor III

We got a new version of GP and when i created the package I built it as a DMG and made sure to fill FUT and FUE and everything works as it should now. I just made sure to get rid of all of the non GP stuff from the source package in composer.

leeskade
New Contributor III

@bruth85 How did you build the DMG was it a snapshot? How did you manage to load the launch agents if it was a DMG?

bruth85
New Contributor III

@leeskade Yes I used Composer to create a snapshot after setting everything the way I wanted it. As for the changes to the plists I just have a different policy that has the proper settings for what we would like as far as launching at login. We now are running a newer version and forcing always on so its a little different setup now though.