Google Apps Configuration Profile for OS X

wesleypettit
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

We're just getting started with JAMF. What's the recommended way to push down Google Apps accounts to OS X workstations?

The only way I can figure out how to do it is to manually create Mail, Calendar, and Contacts payloads in a Configuration Profile. Is there a cleaner way? I'd love to push down a single Google Apps Internet Account payload to each machine, if possible. This would include all the Google services, including Notes and Messages.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

arnaud_mombrial
New Contributor

Hi,

We are evaluating Casper Suite as our MDM provider.

We do not have AD or LDAP for managing user accounts but "only" have Google Apps for work.

I'm highly interested in knowing how to integrate Casper suite within Google Apps accounts.

mcflied
New Contributor

We are looking to configure google apps for work with possibly Jamf Casper Suite as well. Would like to integrate Google Apps for Work accounts with Jamf.

Thanks in advance.

-mcflied

ftiff
Contributor

Hi all,

If I understand correctly, the need would be to integrate Google Apps for Work as an LDAP provider for Casper Suite, then create the relevant OS X Configuration Profiles to configure Mail, Calendar and Contacts in a single Configuration Profile, tailored to each user.

I can certainly help. How many workstations are we talking about?

Francois

timlings
Contributor

I would certainly be interested in how this could work!

AaronLMGoodwin
New Contributor II

I would also be interested in this, as it's our situation as well. We're trying to use JumpCloud as a directory service to bridge the gap, but it doesn't really work as advertised.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@AaronLMGoodwin Seen this for 9.93?