graphically interpret Jamf policy

PAC
Contributor

Does anyone plan / record their policies or profiles in the graphical kind of way?
Was thinking it would be handy to record the policy's details in a kind of visio diagram showing the workflow or what payloads, scope, triggers etc that make up the policy/ profile etc.

i have made a request as well to see if its what people are after.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/6564/graphically-interpret-jamf-policy

2 REPLIES 2

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I don't try to record graphically, but a diagram can sometimes help especially if you are using a script. What I do is make plenty of pie chart dashboards to come in each morning and answer the simple question "Did the stuff work?". If it did then great, if not, then why. Also if I am running a new script that I'm unsure of even after testing, I may get cute and echo results to a log file after each line of the script.

exno
Contributor

I white board automation based policies that loop and feed other policies. I then use dashboard policy graphs and smart group numbers to make sure the white board logic pans out.

I am not sure how much traction this will get as a feature request (since that is what's linked) but it is a neat idea for those that plan and connect scope and policy in a different method.

- I am @exno or @exnozero on almost everything that exists.