Grumpy's is closing

blake_pierce
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hello Jamf Nation,

Some sad news today. Grumpy's in downtown Minneapolis is officially closing, and being replaced by yet another high end apartment block. If you've ever had the pleasure of visiting our city for JNUC and killing time there with Jamfs and fellow customers, you're likely aware of how disappointing this is for all of us. Grumpy's has played host to countless lunches with teammates and clients, happy hours after work, birthday celebrations, and going away parties. It will be missed dearly by us locals / regular patrons, and certainly a few of you out there on Nation as well.

Closing date is not yet known, but their timeline of "this fall" is not particularly encouraging for anyone planning a visit during JNUC 2018. I'll attempt to find out more and update this post if I get any details, but to Grumpy's fans all over: pour one out for em, because they won't be pouring for us much longer.

See you all in October!

13 REPLIES 13

PeterG
Contributor II

Oh No!... Grumpy's had great Buffalo Wings and a great vibe.

exno
Contributor

Sad times. I was so looking forward to sharing the joy of Grumpy's with a coworker that finally gets to attend JNUC this year.

- I am @exno or @exnozero on almost everything that exists.

mhegge
Contributor III

That bites Blake! Time to find a new watering hole. Is Grumpy's Northeast still kickin'?

blake_pierce
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Yes Matthew, the NE Minneapolis and Roseville locations are still going strong and will continue to do so.

I actually just heard back from Grumpy's, and their closing date is totally up to the city and the apartment developers. They literally don't know when they'll turn out the lights.

rderewianko
Valued Contributor II

Better reschedule jnuc.

dan_kubley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Wishing there was a Sad react on Jamf Nation... Feature Request!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Where will we get our bacon?! #sniffle

--
https://donmontalvo.com

charliwest
Contributor II

Maybe contact the owners and convince them to stay put till end of oct, we can agree to ONLY eat there to make it worth their while ;)

kenergy
Contributor

Can they cater JNUC?

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I'll agree to that if I swing around this year.

kevin5495
New Contributor III

The site of my first Juicy Lucy. #sad

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Really sorry to hear about this. I only got to go to Grumpy's a couple of times when I was up in that part of the woods, but it was always a good place and good food, good people, etc. Sorry to see it go. :(

blake_pierce
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Unfortunately, I just learned September 30th is the last day of downtown Grumpy's. So no tots at JNUC.