GSX integration on JSS 9.2

pditty
New Contributor

I have followed the setup instructions for connecting our JSS server to apples GSX resources.
I am using an account set up as a Manager.
That account also has access to Web Services.
I have populated all the needed fields on the JSS.
When I run the JSS test feature it returns "A connection to the GSX server was successful."

What should my expectations be at this point. Should I immediately see information under the inventory of my Macs.
Is the JSS downloading the information from apple and doing some behind the scenes work that needs 24 hours or so.
I am expecting to see the information under the "Purchasing" area on the inventory of any given Mac. Is that correct?

If someone is using this feature in 9.2 I'd sure appreciate your input in what I should be expecting. Not sure if I should be troubleshooting or just sitting tight and letting things bake a bit.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely,
Paul Price

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

keaton
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paul,

Great question! We actually have to pull this information from GSX manually.

We'll want to do an inventory search on all computers by clicking "search" in the JSS on the main Inventory page.
Then at the bottom of the page click the Action button. Then we'll see the following page: external image link

From there you'll see a results page including New Data Found, Serial Numbers Not Found and Records up to Date.
Select the results you want to update and you're good to go.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Keaton Svoma
JAMF Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

keaton
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Paul,

Great question! We actually have to pull this information from GSX manually.

We'll want to do an inventory search on all computers by clicking "search" in the JSS on the main Inventory page.
Then at the bottom of the page click the Action button. Then we'll see the following page: external image link

From there you'll see a results page including New Data Found, Serial Numbers Not Found and Records up to Date.
Select the results you want to update and you're good to go.

Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Keaton Svoma
JAMF Support

pditty
New Contributor

Thank you Keaton that worked nicely.

I suspect that is in the documentation someplace and I missed it. apologies.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Paul

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@keaton.svoma
Was there talk of adding this as an automated feature? For instance when a machine gets added to the JSS it auto looks up the purchase date and GSX info?

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools