Guest User Account - Login Window Payload Issues

Kyo
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I am trying to enable the Guest User for our machines to have it reach a point where users can use the Guest account, and then log out without the Mac having any memory of their session. My machine is up to date with the latest version of macOS, and I currently have one configuration profile enabled: Login Window.

Under the Login Window payload, I have the following set-up:

Window:

Kyo_0-1654100902641.png

Options:

Kyo_1-1654100982978.png

Access and Script are unchanged. 

The problem is, that even with this set-up, the machines I have in the static group that are scoped to this payload, do not get the Guest User on the Login prompt at all. I just see "Others...". Was curious to see if anyone may have seen this and has a solution to help out?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Kyo
New Contributor II

This was solved. The Guest User is a local user, so checking that local users option is essential. To get what I needed, I needed to disable the Computer Administrators login box, and now I'm rolling. Hope this helped someone. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kyo
New Contributor II

This was solved. The Guest User is a local user, so checking that local users option is essential. To get what I needed, I needed to disable the Computer Administrators login box, and now I'm rolling. Hope this helped someone.