Having an issue with SelfService on macOS and JAMF on Prem

SockerConny
New Contributor

Are there more people who experience problems when installing programs via Self-service on macOS devices? 
Very often the installation fails for me with just one "Item Failed". Sometimes the program can be installed a little later,
sometimes after I clicked install again and sometimes it constantly gets wrong. macOS 12.3 connected to StockholmInternt / Ethernet Currently experiencing problems with all programs that completely refuse to be installed.

4 REPLIES 4

SockerConny
New Contributor

SockerConny_0-1649342136352.jpeg

For the most part my self service app installs work as expected. However these MS Office apps purchased from school manager and deployed as a Mac store app in jamf do the same thing to me. I get hangs after install, and about half the time the policy fails despite the apps being installed correctly. I do not get the same behavior with other apps Ive added via VPP installs. 

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

What are you seeing in the jamf.log (/var/log/jamf.log) for these policy attempts? This could be a lot of things (network connectivity issues, failed pkg uploads, etc.).

The /var/log/jamf.log is kind of useless in this situation. it's notifying me a self service policy has started, and then has failed if that. If I knew a little more about what was logging in the client in regards to its vpp/mdm requests, I think I'd have a better idea of the problem. I think the selfservice.log and install.log are probably better for investigating this one, but again I haven't spent too much time on this issue since we don't install office often these days, and trying a few times usually sorts it out.