Headless webapp

RJ52
New Contributor II

Thanks to Covid-19, our campus looks like it will be closing soon. I'm looking for documentation on setting up a headless web app, so I can see devices that are offsite, outside of our network. I've searched around the resource pages, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for, even though I'm sure I've seen it before. Does anyone have experience with this or documentation for it?

TIA

6 REPLIES 6

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@RJ52

And in addition to Rich's link, if you need to put it in a DMZ:

Installing Jamf Pro in the DMZ

RJ52
New Contributor II

Thank you both!

balakumaran
New Contributor II

@stevewood Hi Steve, Im seeing few websites are added in Limited access , but clustering is not configured . Does that mean jss is in dmz or it is not ? what are the requirements for limited access ?
Im new to a environment which was already set up and trying to understand the setup . Looking for help in forum .

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@balakumaran

Limited Access simply means that the Tomcat node will not serve a webpage for users to access Jamf Pro. The node will handle requests from computers/mobile devices, but it will not allow users to login to it. This does not necessarily mean the server is in the DMZ.

You would need to look at the IP address of the Tomcat nodes to determine if the server is in the DMZ, and that is all up to you since you know your infrastructure.

If you do not have clustering configured, I do not know how you would have multiple Tomcat nodes for Jamf Pro. I would reach out to support and request help there.

balakumaran
New Contributor II

@stevewood Understood . Thank you so much for your response .