Hide "Your screen is being observed"

SuperDuperRob
New Contributor

Hi all,

We're trying to hide the "Your screen is being observed" message on the lock screen while using ARD. This message also appears when using a DisplayLink dock:

9722ffe13ff343e1a5c8651a78358f4b

We've tried the command below, but it doesn't affect the lock screen:

/System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/Resources/kickstart -config -clientopts -setmenuextra -menuextra no

Is it possible to hide this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SCCM
Contributor III

@SuperDuperRob i dont think you can hide that, apple introduced it as a security feature in big sur. You get the same thing if you use display link drivers to output to a monitor

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

SCCM
Contributor III

@SuperDuperRob i dont think you can hide that, apple introduced it as a security feature in big sur. You get the same thing if you use display link drivers to output to a monitor

SuperDuperRob
New Contributor

@SCCM Dang, but understandable. Catalina and below seems to only show binoculars on the lock screen which we would also like to hide, but it looks like that won't be possible either. Appreciate your response! :)

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

wow, observing students macbooks during class.

Alert
New Contributor

I tried to uncheck this option, seems no luck too 🥺

8dad5c9d01b345539a98a469a2f2dc58

You can try & let me know if it's sorted !

SuperDuperRob
New Contributor

@Alert Unfortunately, that doesn't work on our end either. Thanks anyway!

Andrew_N
New Contributor II

It's even worse now, in Monterey when you remote observe, it tells the end user immediately when you connect and if you disconnect from the menu bar while the user is using the device. I'm seeing virtually no documentation on it and literally zero ways to disable it.

susan876
New Contributor

any news on that? i want it to disable this message too! 

salmon
New Contributor III

Would love if you could add this feature into future versions, especially for school. We use it to stop gaming and messaging while in class (private school). 

Hi Salmon, Have you found a solution in the meantime? 

salmon
New Contributor III

Nope. It  causes an issue because the moment we connect the student will stop the gaming. We usually will take screen shots to document, but now it is currently a he said/she said type of a situation.

Maxalot
New Contributor III

What about blocking it in parental controls?

ChrisOsborne
New Contributor

Anyone already have a solution to this 'problem' ?

tlally
New Contributor

Still need a solution to this problem, especially for schools.

tlally
New Contributor

Just wondering if there is any update on this issue.

sayr01
Contributor

Still persistent in 13.16 and 14.1.