Home Screen Layout and WebClips

MBruno
New Contributor II

Does anyone know how to get web clips to follow the new home screen layout configuration? My apps are following my guidelines perfectly but I'm striking out with web clips. I'm sure its a formatting issue but I cannot find any literature on this feature to see what I'm doing wrong.

12 REPLIES 12

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

What version of JSS are you on?

if you look at line 12 on this google sheet you can see there is an issue in 9.9 with webclips showing up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kR98ecX3_YWRrr45wKqEYFgsT6Po-ENUH9iWgTp1-Cg/edit#gid=1393853855

MBruno
New Contributor II

We are on 9.9

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

It is a bug - they are all on the first page probably.

St0rMl0rD
Contributor III

Current version of JSS doesn't allow arranging of the web clips, they know about it and will hopefully have it solved in the next version.

MBruno
New Contributor II

As per JAMF support, since web clips do not have a unique identifier like iOS apps (i.e. com.apple.Music. com.apple.etc...) they will not adhere to home screen layout configurations. Hopefully the drop down menu for web clips in the home screen layout configuration options is a sign of whats to come or what they hope to achieve. Thanks for everyones input.

aaronkerrgfs
New Contributor

Thanks for clarifying this! I have a bunch of web clips deployed and couldn't get them to be affected at all by the Home Screen Layout payload. It's kind of misleading since the interface allows you to select "WebClip" as an option to arrange.

jcline_bigos
New Contributor

We also need Webclips to adhere to the layout payload. I'm wondering since they do not have a unique identifier would this be a "Feature Request" to have JAMF figure out a way around this? Perhaps someone from JAMF can comment/clarify?

jrwilcox
Contributor

Has this issue been addressed yet?

michael_devins
Contributor II
Contributor II

WebClips have actually been removed as a supported 'type' for managing via the Home Screen Layout payload. Support for managing WebClips with the Home Screen Layout payload would be a feature request for Apple.

PSB
New Contributor II

More than 1 year past and version 10.3: Did this issue got solved? I would like to manage the WebClips with the Home Screen Layout.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

I think what michael.devins posted still applies. It looks like you can only add an application or a folder as an organized object in that payload.

PSB
New Contributor II

By chance I saw today that it is planned for 10.4

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/7250/position-webclips-via-home-screen-layout-payload