Homesync Computer Level MCX?

franton
Valued Contributor III

Does anyone know offhand if the user level MCX i've got working for homesync work as computer level preferences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

I've only ever managed HomeSync at the computer group level, so yes, it works at the computer and computer group level as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

I've only ever managed HomeSync at the computer group level, so yes, it works at the computer and computer group level as well.

bajones
Contributor II

I've been working on a similar issue for a while. See my lonely thread at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=7155.

I'm not using MCX to manage homesync. Instead, I've been using a computer-level configuration profile with a custom mobility payload. The one thing that doesn't work is syncing at logout. That setting seems to be ignored. My latest idea has been to assign a logout policy that runs a script that triggers a sync, but I cannot find any information on performing this task via script. Any assistance would be appreciated.

franton
Valued Contributor III

Thanks Greg, although i'm going to have to "massage" the sync prefs keys a little bit to make sure it all behaves nicely.